Pages

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

At it again

Laulau Beach CleanupThis past weekend MVA hosted yet another cleanup of Laulau Beach. Here is what Ed Diaz had to say about the event:

Hafa Adai Angelo,

Just got in today. Had my GAH yesterday. Anyway, we actually did great! We had 23 volunteers! 12 from MVA and 11 from the members of Northern Marianas Dive Operators Association (NMDOA).

We actually had one dive company under the husband name Willie Lee Brundidge Jr. donate lawn care service that morning the name of the company was Mozell's Boys Lawn & Trash Services. Do you know him? He is also a part of the Beautify CNMI.

The NMDOA and MVA picked up a total of 140 lbs of trash of course I delivered the trash to lower base station. And we were able to plant a total of 25 coconut tree's. We also had some of tourist divers plant the trees around the area. It was great fun! Next clean-up, we are planning to built bench out of bamboo and wood. What do you think? Well, I guess that is all for now. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Have a good day,

Ed
Thank you MVA!

Thank you Mozell's Boys!

I think that building the benches out of natural materials is a great idea! Click HERE for a few ideas. I took these pictures of Kojo Park benches when I lived in Takaoka-shi, Toyama-ken in the Hokuriku region of Japan.

No comments: